Updating uefi-edk2-bhyve

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bluestop.org
Fri Mar 22 03:19:46 UTC 2019

On 3/21/19 6:44 PM, D Scott Phillips wrote:
> Hi freebsd-virtualization,
>
> Recently I wanted to be able to do UEFI HTTP Boot in bhyve, so I've
> rebased the bhyve firmware up to the latest upstream tag,
> edk2-stable201903. You can find the firmware here:
>
> https://gitlab.com/scott-ph/edk2/tree/wip/2019-03/v2-bhyve-rebase-edk2-stable201903

Thanks! I realized you've removed BhyvePkg and ported OvmfPkg to run
under Bhyve, which is perfect. I've successfully built OvmfPkgX64 with
your changes and can boot Bhyve to the UEFI Shell.

The RELEASE build with the GCC5 toolset (but using an installation of
gcc 4.8) works great for me, though I ran into problems with the DEBUG
build and the GCC48 toolset.

--

Rebecca Cran