Updating uefi-edk2-bhyve

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 01:44:39 UTC 2019

Em sex, 22 de mar de 2019 às 08:45, D Scott Phillips <
d.scott.phillips at intel.com> escreveu:

> Hi freebsd-virtualization,
>
> Recently I wanted to be able to do UEFI HTTP Boot in bhyve, so I've
> rebased the bhyve firmware up to the latest upstream tag,
> edk2-stable201903. You can find the firmware here:
>

> https://gitlab.com/scott-ph/edk2/tree/wip/2019-03/v2-bhyve-rebase-edk2-stable201903
>
> and a ports patch to help with testing here:
>

> https://gitlab.com/scott-ph/freebsd-ports/tree/wip/2019-03/v2-uefi-edk2-bhyve
>
> I've successfully run FreeBSD, Linux, and Windows with this firmware,
> and of course HTTP Booting is working. If you're interested you can give
> it a try, and I'd be glad to hear any reports of bugs you find with the
> new firmware. Hopefully after some testing we can stabilize this and
> push it as an update to the port. Thanks,
>
> Scott

This is a fantastic news!!!

I think after more tests done by the community, you should make a PR to
this repo: https://github.com/freebsd/uefi-edk2 and then I can update the
ports.

Well done job, thanks!

Marcelo Araujo            (__)araujo at FreeBSD.org
\\\'',)http://www.FreeBSD.org <http://www.freebsd.org/>   \/  \ ^
Power To Server.         .\. /_)