BHYVE: UEFI shims issue?

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 17:01:40 UTC 2019

Hi,
I thought this would have been fixed by now, but I'm probably just not aware of the patch or even maybe this was never reported.
I seem to be having the same UEFI shims issue with putting FreeBSD 12.0 RELEASE in BHyve on a FreeNAS 11.2-u4-1 system.
On that system, I can't load anything the has a problem in the boot loader.  This is both CentOS 7 1810 and later and FreeBSD 12.0.
I can load and install both CentOS 7 1805 and FreeBSD 11.2 and everythign is fine.  Nything produced after that on either has a problem with UEFI shims in /boot/UEFI .
Is this being worked on?
Is there a workaround?

Thank you!
P.