[bhyve]: Problems with newly added audio support
peter.laursen84 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 14:53:28 UTC 2019
Please keep me CC'd as I am not subscribed to the list.
For some reason, I cannot get the BHyve audio support to work with
FreeBSD 13 as a guest. Neither does it seem to work with Debian 9.
This is on a recent FreeBSD-Current built as of today (the specific
revision is R349776).
Either, I am told that the virtual channel is dead or I receive an
assertion and the bhyve process is killed). Regardless, I hear no
How to reproduce:
1) I installed a copy of FreeBSD-current in a memory disk.
2) I loaded FreeBSD using bhyveload.
3) I launched bhyve like this:
bhyve -A -H -P -s 0,hostbridge -s 1,lpc -s 2,virtio-net,tap0 -s
3,virtio-rnd -s 4,virtio-blk,/dev/md0 -s
5,hda,play=/dev/dsp,rec=/dev/dsp -m 1024M -l com1,stdio freebsd
4) I installed espeak and tried to get it to speak a sentence.
5) I got the message that the virtual channel is dead.
How can I debug this further? Let me know if you need any more outputs
or anything else.
Thanks in advance for any help,
More information about the freebsd-virtualization