The status of docker

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Jan 28 07:40:46 UTC 2019

Good morning,

> Am 28.01.2019 um 03:53 schrieb Paul Kraus <paul at kraus-haus.org>:
> (Open)Solaris already had Linux Brand zones, which I’m sure helped get there much faster.
> They could already run Linux (user space) in a Zone.

Yes, but how did they get there? Is there some technical reason
why Linux branded zones are „so far ahead“ of FreeBSD’s Linux
ABI that they can run native Docker images while FreeBSD can’t?

Or is it just a matter of money and manpower invested?

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100