Installing drivers onto WinPE image for bhyve

Darren David darrendavid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:30:40 UTC 2019

Hey all-

I'm working on a project to migrate some VMs over from ESXi to bhyve. I'm
making a bit of progress (and will absolutely document what I've learned if
and when I get it to work!), but I'm hung up on doing some EFI boot repair.
I've got a WinPE disk image with some partition fixing software I'm wanting
to try, but when the VM boots into the partition software, the only thing
that works under VNC is the Tab key (!). No other keys, no mouse.

I'm guessing I need to load some additional drivers to get this to play
nice, but can anyone possibly tell me what drivers I need to get additional
input working in Windows under Bhyve?

Thank you in advance for any and all help,
Darren