NVMe and Bhyve

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Tue Feb 26 16:14:28 UTC 2019

Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019, at 21:43, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> > The guest installer says that there are no disks to install to and no
> > drivers, and suggests a driver to be loaded. It can be told to find the
> > appropriate driver in my virtio-win-0.1.141.iso CD:
> >
> > http://admin.sibptus.ru/~vas/bhyve1.png
> >
> > but when it begins loading the viostor driver, the VM crashes with
> > "bhyve exited with status 134"
> >
> > Therefore I ask again if someone has an actual success story of running
> > a Windows guest on a virtio-blk device.
>
> Hi Viktor
>
> Looking through my notes I'm not using virtio-blk I think, but I had
> no issues with the specific driver version linked to below
> https://hackmd.io/s/rJvJuE-CW# albeit with win7 Hope that’s helpful.

Not so much unfortunately. I've tried virtio-win-0.1.96.iso from your
article. Windows 2012R2 server crashes on it, and Windows10 drivers are
missing from it altogether.

I've been using virtio-win-0.1.141.iso, which seems younger than yours,
it contains Windows10 drivers, but it still crashes both Windows 2012R2
server and Windows10 guests.

There is virtio-win-0.1.164.iso available at
https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/archive-virtio/virtio-win-0.1.164-1/
I'll try that and report.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN