bhyve uefi="csm"

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net
Sun Oct 21 16:01:54 UTC 2018

> Can you tell us a bit about your set up, like are you using helper scripts like libvirt?
> To answer the question you asked when I run a vm with the CSM firmware it works for me.

You should always be able to boot a vm that uses
and boots with the non CSM uefi firmware with the
CSM version of the firmware, failures may start
to show up if your booting something that is
either purely legacy, or efi aware but falls
back to csm because it didnt like something.

The older ED2K uefi that we are using and
some of the hatchetry that was used to craft
its CSM are in a poor state and could use
some love.

Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org