UEFI GOP: screen goes blank during boot after loader is finished

Rodney W. Grimes freebsd-rwg at pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net
Tue Nov 13 16:22:19 UTC 2018

> On November 13, 2018 at 8:36:34 AM, Rodney W. Grimes (freebsd-rwg at pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net) wrote:
>

> Since you are using uefi and specifying a graphics console with tcp=,wait?
> your vm is waiting for a vnc connection to port 5900 to display the?
> console.?
>

> But I connect to VNC, see the loader and press Enter to boot, and *then* the screen goes blank.

Uh oh, ok, thats not what I was thinking of then.  I do not have any
bhyve capable hardware running on 12BETA at this time to test with.

I wonder if we have a bad interaction between the loader and
bhyve again, we have had a few of those.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org