bhyve pci passthrough usb controller

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 25 01:01:31 UTC 2018

> I surely will try this out, but what about device 4/0/0 showing the
> same issue. Both tests where performed separately showing the exact
> same result, of course I'd be happy if either one of them worked.

  I think what is happening here is that Windows is enabling legacy
interrupts on the device, and that happens to be on the same shared IRQ
line that the ATA controller is on, resulting in spurious interrupts.

  The dmesg for the system may be able to confirm this, since it should
list the legacy IRQs that have been assigned.

  bhyve PCI passthru relies not only on the device supporting MSI/MSI-x
interrupts, but the guest using those.

later,

Peter.