ARMv8 development board with GICv3

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Fri Jun 15 17:51:49 UTC 2018

> On Jun 15, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Alexandru Elisei <alexandru.elisei at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you all for your suggestions.
>
> I was considering the espressobin board [1], I only need a disk to
> boot from and a network controller to connect to the board.
>
> It uses a Marvell 3720 SoC (model 88F3720) which according to the
> specs [2] has all exception levels and it uses a GIC-500 interrupt
> controller which implementes the GICv3 specification [3].
>
> The board is supported under linux [4], I was wondering if anyone can
> tell me how well it is supported under FreeBSD.

https://gist.github.com/gonzopancho/760ab9ecee9dfbc1b6033e48647a4b48 <https://gist.github.com/gonzopancho/760ab9ecee9dfbc1b6033e48647a4b48>

Note: we haven’t upstreamed everything.  Yet.

macchiato.bin needs interrupts and NIC drivers, and seems a better target for bhyve

machiatto.bin 4C A72 @ 1.6GHz/2.0GHz,  16GB DDR4

espresso.bin 2C A53 @1.0GHz and1/2GB DDR3 (*)

Jim

(*) Very new espresso.bin has 1.2GHz SoC and DDR4, and you can plug a SATA drive in, including power.
https://i.imgur.com/5fc2vv0.jpg