bhyve server 2016 lockup

Matt Churchyard matt.churchyard at userve.net
Fri Jul 6 12:05:05 UTC 2018

Thanks for the replies guys. I've increased memory and switched to virtio-net. Been running for an hour or two so far. Windows just complains about the boot device if I try to move to virtio-blk.
I might set up another test using different settings during installation and see how that goes.

Only really played about with bhyve so far but starting to consider using for production machines, so any hard lockup is a bit of a worry.

Regards,
Matt

> Dave,

> you got working Windows guest with virtio-blk?

> I thought it was still unstable. I've tested virtio storage (on bhyve) + virtio storage drivers on several windows guest  ~ 2 months ago and they were crashing all the time.

> So I use ahci-hd with every windows guest we run (from 7 to Win Server 2012).

> --

    regards

Jakub Chromy

CGI Systems div.