ena(4) is not in GENERIC, now default for some/all instances on AWS EC2

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 11 18:14:57 UTC 2018

Well, that might work, but I am curious why do we have all other network 40
or so drivers in the GENERIC but not this one. Considering significant
portion of FreeBSD systems deployed these days are going to be running on
the cloud this makes no sense to me. Is there some policy out there which
governs such decisions?

At the very least we need some kind of entry into UPDATING, IMHO.

-Max