Xen host on FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE

Steven Friedrich steven.e.friedrich at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 02:48:35 UTC 2018

I have a new HP Slimline Desktop 290-p0014 which features an Intel i7-8700 and no com ports.
I was hoping to create a FreeBSD Xen host to explore various Linux distros.
I was following along with chapter 21.8 FreeBSD as a Xen -Host.
I did a fresh install, pkg install xen and when I rebooted it displayed in blue Booting, but then it turned red.
I have no serial console because I have no com port.
Can anyone involved with Xen try this and reveal anything not disclosed in the Handbook?
I am using handbook rev 52113 modified on 2018-08-12 08:50:20 by eadler.