Passthrough not working with OpenBSD nor NetBSD

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 9 17:30:08 UTC 2018

They may implement INTx interrupts for pass-through perhaps.  INTx are a
lot bigger pain to emulate since there isn't a standard way in PCI to
determine if an interrupt is pending (and you need that to simulate a
level-triggered interrupt like INTx).  I think very recent revisions of
PCI did add a new bit to test that in the PCI status register, but it is
in a new enough version of PCI that any compliant devices would also support
MSI anyway.

--
John Baldwin