Read-only view of a ZFS filesystem inside a bhyve guest?

Mark Raynsford list+org.freebsd.virtualization at io7m.com
Sat Apr 28 10:36:48 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-27T11:42:18 -0700

On 2018-04-27T12:22:39 -0500
Eric Borisch <eborisch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use NFS for (*nix) guests, and SMB for Windows guests; both work well,
> and can be restricted to specific IPs / ranges to help minimize security
> concerns.

Well that's two in favour of NFS. I have one small question: Is there
any way to stop nfsd from forking into the background? I run everything
on the system under process supervision (runit), and this is the first
time I've ever seen a daemon program with no option to stay in the
foreground.

I can write a wrapper in C that starts up rpcbind and nfsd (the former
*does* have an option to stay in the foreground), but I'd rather not if
I don't have to.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com