bhyve networking

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Thu Apr 26 07:39:18 UTC 2018

Bezüglich Paul Esson's Nachricht vom 25.04.2018 23:15 (localtime):
> Hi Rod,
> Can you share a command line for that?  I also tried presenting an
> access port from my switch on a specific VLAN - not trimmed.  Would I
> still have to tag the interface on the guest in that scenario?

Hmm, I lost the overview – I'm not familar with 'vm'.
To filter a specific id (tag/untag frames) inside the guest:
'ifconfig vlan[N] create vlandev vtnet0 vlan nnnn'
'ifconfig vlan[N] create vlandev vtnet0 vlan nnnm'

At boot time by rc(8):
vlans_vtnet0="vtnet_dmz vtnet_dmz2"
create_args_vtnet_dmz="vlan nnnn"
create_args_vtnet_dmz2="vlan nnnm"

[To optionally also rename the vlan interfaces after manually creating
cloned vlan interfaces, which is what the rc.conf(5) example does:
ifconfig rename vlan0 vtnet_dmz; ifconfig rename vlan0 vtnet_dmz2; ]

Hth,

-harry