bhyve networking

Paul Esson paul.esson at redstor.com
Wed Apr 25 20:12:22 UTC 2018

Hi Harry,
I’m simply using the “vm” utility as in

vm switch create public
vm switch add public igb1

That must make underlying calls to if config or equivalent as the bridge and tap interfaces are created automatically.

The vm template file has these relevant parameters

network0_type=“virtio-net”
network0_switch=“public”

I’ve done nothing to the igb1 interface other than connect it to a physical switch on the appropriate VLAN.

Regards,

Paul Esson | Redstor Limited
t +44 (0)118 951 5235
m +44 (0)776 690 6514