[Differential] D10540: vmx: explicit checking for necessary invvpid/invept types

grehan (Peter Grehan) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 1 16:43:36 UTC 2017

grehan added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ept.c:68
> +	(((cap) & INVEPT_REQUIRED_TYPES_MASK) == INVEPT_REQUIRED_TYPES_MASK)
>
>  #define	EPT_PWLEVELS		4		/* page walk levels */

Might be worth splitting these out into individual tests, since I have a change that will look at the EPT capabilities individually (for PR 203994, bhyve as a KVM guest. Jan - judging from your work in https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/kvm/list/?submitter=170053 you are intimately familiar with this issue :)

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10540