Any support creating a Windows Server 2012 unattended install

Harry Schmalzbauer freebsd at omnilan.de
Thu Jul 13 08:18:20 UTC 2017

 Bezüglich Paul Webster via freebsd-virtualization's Nachricht vom
13.07.2017 10:07 (localtime):
> Or alternatively any of you guys have one that I can use?
>
> I was following https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve/Windows but I can not seem
> to get it to work; though it may be because I had to convert the
> 'install.esd' file to 'install.wim' as the disk does not have one.
>
> If I just the ISO I ended up creating in virtualbox it just seems to go
> into a standard install, but that might be because it detected a graphics
> adapter.

Is it about unattended itself, or do you just want to install
WinServer2012R2 in a bhyve guest? For the latter you can use GOP/fbuf.
See https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve/UEFI – no need for unattended detour
any more.

Regarding unattended setups, I don't have any reusable xmls, but answers
to common pitfalls. Feel free to contact me if you identified a specific
one.

-harry