Unable to create OpenBSD 6.0 bhyve guest

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:15:17 UTC 2017

Hi all,

 I am trying to create an OpenBSD 6.0 virtual guest under FreeBSD 11 bhyve server. When I try list cd contents, segmentation faults appears:

grub-bhyve -d /data/vms/conf/obsdfwwif -m device.map -r cd0 obsdfwwif

                                                                         GNU GRUB  version 2.00

   Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file
   completions.

grub>ls
Segmentation fault

 Content of device.map is:

(hd0) /dev/zvol/zroot/data/vms/vdsk/obsdfwwifvol
(cd0) /data/isoimages/install60.iso

 My host supports hardware virtualiztion:

[1]   Structured Extended Features=0x27ab<FSGSBASE,TSCADJ,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,NFPUSG>
[1]   XSAVE Features=0x1<XSAVEOPT>
[1]   VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,UG,VPID
[1]   TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics

 And all kernel's modules are loaded:

Id Refs Address            Size     Name
 1   49 0x0 1f0bcb8  kernel
 2    1 0x0 3acce8   zfs.ko
 3    2 0x0 d4e0     opensolaris.ko
 4    1 0x0 23420    geom_eli.ko