tap on lagg ?

Vincent Olivier vincent at up4.com
Tue Feb 7 02:22:34 UTC 2017

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for this.

> Le 6 févr. 2017 à 17:14, Ruben <mail at osfux.nl> a écrit :
>
> Hi Vincent,
>
> I have multiple machines on which 2 or more nics make up a LACP lagg
> with vlans on it. Those vlan interfaces are in bridges together with the
> tap interfaces that are in use by bhyve vms.
>
> Works as long as I "up" the nics in a specific fasion ( " -tso4 -lro
> -vlanhwtag " ) . This works on 10.3 and 11.0 as far as I'm aware and I
> have never experienced problems with it (Intel / AMD / em driver / bce
> driver, re driver , all kinds of combinations).

Didn’t try it it with disabling the tso/lro/vlanhwtagging features. Will try again with those disabled.

> I have no experience in comparable setups without the vlan "layer" though.

My setup didn’t involve vlans, only this: tap <—> bridge <—> lagg <—> igb0, igb1, igb2, igb3

Do you think that could be it? I have no need for a vlan here, though…

> What seems to be your predicament?

The tap would fail to « up » with an error message (that I forgot to note).

I will try to do it again with the aforementioned features disabled (but without a vlan layer) and report back here.

Vincent