Running dual boot windows inside of bhyve

Chris Knight stryqx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 01:16:55 UTC 2017

Howdy,

On 28 December 2017 at 09:31, Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com> wrote:
> I've had no issues when I p2v Windows partitions. In the case of my laptop, which has 3 FreeBSD partitions and a Windows partition, I've had no licensing issues interchangeably booting it under VirtualBox under FreeBSD or on the bare metal.

Key activation != licensing.
Just because you can move it to another machine or P2V it without
needing to re-activate it doesn't mean you're licensed to use it
either in a VM or on a new machine.
Microsoft licensing can be quite opaque, so if you're doing this in a
corporate environment make sure you get the appropriate advise to
ensure you're properly licensed.