Recovering an ZFS vm

Randy Terbush randy at terbush.org
Wed Dec 6 19:51:35 UTC 2017

At the end of this all, it seemed that some change has taken away my need
to be very specific about the grub partitions.

By removing the grub_run0 and grub_run1 parameters from the vm-bhyve
configs and running simply with the one below, (and showing a bit of
patients while it repaired partitions), it booted as expected.
I also see that once booted, the / filesystem is an ext4. I really cannot
explain and it is entirely possible that this is a memory issue on my part.

loader="grub"
cpu=2
memory=8G
network0_type="virtio-net"
network0_switch="public"
disk0_type="virtio-blk"
disk0_name="disk0"
disk0_dev="sparse-zvol"

I appreciate all of you taking time out to reply.

--
Randy