Storage overhead on zvols

Dustin Wenz dustinwenz at ebureau.com
Tue Dec 5 15:30:59 UTC 2017

I'm not using ZFS in my VMs for data integrity (the host already provides that); it's mainly for the easy creation and management of filesystems, and the ability to do snapshots for rollback and replication. Some of my deployments have hundreds of filesystems in an organized hierarchy, with delegated permissions and automated snapshots, send/recvs, and clones for various operations.

	- .Dustin