bhyve uses all available memory during IO-intensive operations

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Fri Dec 1 09:54:03 UTC 2017

On 01/12/2017 13:43, Allan Jude wrote:
> On 2017-11-30 22:10, Dustin Wenz wrote:
>> I am using a zvol as the storage for the VM, and I do not have any ARC
>> limits set. However, the bhyve process itself ends up grabbing the vast
>> majority of memory.
>>
>> I’ll run a test tomorrow to get the exact output from top.
>>
>>    - .Dustin
>>
>> On Nov 30, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Allan Jude <allanjude at freebsd.org
>> <mailto:allanjude at freebsd.org>> wrote:

That's the type of errors I see when wired jumps high. I'm not seeing
this from bhyve but when your watching top, keep an eye on the wired
amount.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Sharing Devices

Shane Ambler