bhyve core dumping while compiling kernel in FreeBSD10.3 VM

Aijaz Baig aijazbaig1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 10:43:15 UTC 2017

I have booted up a full FreeBSD 10.3 VM on bhyve and I am trying to compile
the kernel with these options in order to engage in (k)gdb based debugging
on this VM. My kern.conf is:

include GENERIC
ident AIJAZ-DEBUG

options KDB
options DDB
options GDB
options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
device bvmdebug

I am getting an error while building the kernel and bhyve is leaving a core
dump. It has happened twice and the SHA sum for the core files is different
(which or may not mean they are due to the very same reason).

Nonetheless, where can I get more logs on what went wrong and what to do
with this core file? Do you guys need it to probe more infrmation? How can
one debug this core file?

--

Best Regards,
Aijaz Baig