Assigning PCI ethernet interfaces to VMs in bhyve

Daniel Tihanyi tetragir at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 2 10:09:31 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD host running VMs on bhyve. I already have a few PCI-X
ethernet cards assigned to each of them, but only with one ethernet
interface. I would like to purchase a few PCI-X Ethernet cards with 4
interfaces. My question is if it is possible to assign the individual
interfaces on the card to different VMs? On the bhyve Wiki, there is an
example for this, but it is assigning the interfaces into the same VM,
although to different slots. I am planning to use Intel cards for this
of course. Has anyone experience in this?
Thank you very much in advance!

Daniel Tihanyi