Windows 2016

Matt Churchyard matt.churchyard at userve.net
Tue Nov 1 09:03:34 UTC 2016

>I was able to install the Windows 2016 using the GUI method.

>One proble.

>It is assigned an IP but

>the netmask and the default route is not showing up.

>Also  The virtual Windows 2016 box does not see a network interface.

This makes very little sense. You usually specify the netmask and default route when you assign Windows an IP address.
And how have you assigned the guest an IP address if it has no network interface?

>What must I do to convince this box that is it on a switch

On the bhyve host it should be configured just like any other bhyve virtual machine. The guest should have a virtio-net device, which is linked to a tap interface on the host. That tap interface should be bridged with whichever physical network adapter you want the guest connected to.

However, I think I mentioned in a previous message that Windows does not have the virtio-net drivers by default. You need to boot the guest with the virtio-net driver ISO attached and install the driver. You should see the interface in Device Manager flagged as not installed/working.

Matt