bhyve graphics support

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Fri May 27 15:11:39 UTC 2016

Hi Yamagi,

> As far as I know UEFI supports ahci-* boot devices only. For the basic
> UEFI support without GOP the AHCI devices needed to be mapped on slot 3
> and 4. I don't know if that's still the case.

  Depends on the o/s being booted - if it needs legacy interrupt
support, the only available slots with routing set up are 3/4/5/6.

  UEFI operates in polled-mode so it has no constraints on it's own.

> I've got working VNC access to a FreeBSD 10.3 VM. My Windows 7 install
> disc starts up, but the mouse is not working. Keystrokes through VNC
> give "atkbd data buffer full" errors. I'll open a new thread for that
> if I can't figure it out.

  XHCI isn't in Windows7 so you can just remove that config line,
pushing mouse input through the PS2 mouse.

later,

Peter.