bhyve and CARP?

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Tue Mar 1 21:49:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-01 3:01 pm, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> On 03/01/16 22:36, Julian Elischer wrote:
>> this makes one wonder if it would be possible to run the pfsense code
>> in
>> a vnet Jail.
>
> That would be really cool and handy. The pfsense kernel is
> unfortunately just a bit modified. I haven't tried but I think
> many things will fail.

I have seen threads on the pfSense forums about people trying to do
this, as far as I know, they have all failed. I have pfSense installed
so far, but waiting till later to swap my NIC in the server with a quad
port NIC before setting up all the interfaces and beginning the CARP
configuration.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer