bhyve / libvmmapi usage

Tycho Nightingale tycho.nightingale at pluribusnetworks.com
Fri Jun 24 13:23:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

libvmmapi exists to support bhyveload and bhyve.  It's as you say an internal library.  While there is obviously nothing to preclude it’s use by others, I wouldn’t consider it’s interfaces “public” nor “stable”.  Furthermore, though there has been some consideration taken not to recycle the kernel interface ioctls, I’d also classify those interfaces as “private” and “unstable”.

Tycho