[administrative] 503 error when attempting to subscribe

Jeff Terrell jeff at altometrics.com
Wed Jun 1 14:53:54 UTC 2016

I ran into a slight obstacle when I tried to subscribe to this list
yesterday. I figured I would document it here, in case anybody cares
about it. (And fine with me if nobody does.)

I requested subscription through the mailman web interface. I got an
email to confirm that I wanted to subscribe. In the email was a link
[1] that I could allegedly click to confirm subscription.

[1] https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/confirm/freebsd-virtualization/97272bfc4ed40f86c05133d54728cd7fcdb2db19

When I clicked that link, I got a page that said:

> Error 503 Backend fetch failed
>
> Backend status: Backend fetch failed
>
> Transaction ID: 143895569

I was able to subscribe by replying to the email, however.

--
Jeff Terrell, Ph.D. | Chief Technology Officer
ALTOMETRICS, Inc.