Bhyve

kumara rathnavel kumara.bsd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:47:10 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I have just started developing something in FreeBSD. I have done few
changes in the memory part. Before that i just want to confirm that for the
guest machines for the system memory there is only one object used. If the
memory is greater than he lowmem remaining is allocated in highmem. The
memory between these two is used for MMIO which is a separate object. When
I did few changes FreeBSD vm booted fine. But when i tried windows it was
vm_run error and value is EFAULT. The EFAULT is because of the GPA that
belongs to the MMIO region and the exact value is 4276093104 and fails in
the function vm_handle_inst_emul.   I would like to know why is this
different in both the cases.

Thanking You,
Kumar.