[Differential] D5473: ATA/ATAPI6 device emulation in bhyve

iateaca (Teaca) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 24 07:15:41 UTC 2016

iateaca added a comment.

  In https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5473#151356, @editor_callfortesting.org wrote:

  > Support for FreeBSD 6 and older, even if for historical/academic purposes, is a topic that keeps coming up. Legacy systems come in all shapes and sizes and I can think of at least one point-of-sale vendor that spans generations of FreeBSD and other Unix systems.
  >
  > Is this code in a usable state?
  >
  > I think making it easy for the various interested parties to use it would better drive its direction.
  >
  > FYI: You can also use my account 'dexter' on this system.

  Yes, this code is in a usable state. I have tested both the ata-hd and atapi features with the ATA Legacy FreeBSD guest driver. It might be a good idea to test it with other guest though, an older Linux distribution maybe. I will test it after I finish with the GSOC project.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5473

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/