VirtIO Ethernet driver in DragonFlyBSD under FreeBSD bhyve

Jan Beich jbeich at vfemail.net
Fri Jul 8 03:03:40 UTC 2016

Peter Grehan <grehan-h+KGxgPPiopAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi Jan,

>> VirtIO issue isn't specific to UEFI but also happens with Grub2.
[...]
>>  $ bhyve -l com1,stdio -l bootrom,BHYVE_UEFI.fd -m 4G -s 0,hostbridge \
>>    -s 31,lpc -s 4,virtio-blk,/dev/md0 -s 5,virtio-net,tap0 vm0
>
>  Dragonfly changed to allow single-vector MSI which fixes the issue:
>
> http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/f41543e16b49e0294028d1f4bb5a5667694536f1

Tested v4.5.0.1295.gf41543 snapshot. It boots fine with virtio-blk and
virtio-net. However, as soon one or more CPU is added together with AHCI
enabled DragonFly hangs just before "Mounting root from ...". Try adding
the following options to the quoted command line.

  -c 2 -s 3,ahci-cd,/dev/md0

--
Discovered with vm-bhyve which passes -s 3:0,ahci-cd,null.iso to UEFI VMs.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!