floppy image in bhyve

Sergey Manucharian sm at ara-ler.com
Thu Jan 21 02:06:53 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Marie's message from Thu 21-Jan-16 01:56:
> > In this particular case it doesn't work. I have a floppy image with
> > BitLocker encryption key. I copied that file to an iso image, but
> > Windows doesn't like it.
>
> As a workaround: How about plugging in a USB floppy drive and do a
> pass-through of it?

Yes, that a good idea especially taking into account that I have many
variables. I'm trying to migrate Windows 7 on an encrypted volume from
VBox to bhyve.

The advantage of a floppy drive is that it's drive letter in Windows is
always "A:". I believe the ecnryption key is tied to it too.

Currently I'm going to decrypt it first to make sure that the migration
itself works. Then will follow in particular your advice. The USB
contrell pass-trough is a must for me since I need many USB devices in
that virtualized Windows.

Thanks,
Sergey