Illumos support in bhyve

Nicolas Gilles nicolas.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:38:06 UTC 2015

SmartOS is built to work that way, booting from an "static" ISO or USB
or PXE, and just using the hard-drives in the system as store for the
zones + vms, the os "drives" is loaded into memory.

In a VM, it's not going to change you much to boot form a virtual DVD
drive vs virtual HD install, what troubles you booting from the ISO?