Illumos support in bhyve

grehan at freebsd.org grehan at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 6 00:32:08 UTC 2015

Hi Roman,

> I tried this instruction and I was able to get into smartos
> installation. I choose all the default options there, it reported
> successful installation. Then I dropped 'ahci-cd' part, but I cannot
> get
> smartos boot.

  For smartos, the CD should always be left there since that's the boot
media. The first boot just detects that the hard drive is empty which
triggers the install.

> And, by the way, is it possible to run FreeBSD using UEFI?
>
> I encountered problems with that as well:
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2015-November/003904.html
>
> Any hints how to debug this are appreciated.

  The VM images don't include the UEFI loader. You'll have to boot from
the ISO for that, and force serial console output at the loader prompt.

later,

Peter.