bhyve virtio-net MTU

Jason Tubnor jason at tubnor.net
Thu Mar 12 07:07:51 UTC 2015

Hi Noah,

The patch will only let you go to 2k frames reliably.  Peter has
mentioned before that some re-design work will be needed to fix this
as it isn't just a 'quick fix'.  I have the same issue when connecting
a guest up to a storage network, jumbo is configured up to the tap but
then it is capped.

Cheers,

Jason.

On 8 March 2015 at 13:25, Noah Bergbauer <noah.bergbauer at tum.de> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for your help. I just wanted to let you know that the issue persists
> even with the patch (assuming I didn't mess up; I have very little FreeBSD experience).
>
> Noah.

"Roads?  Where we're going, we don't need roads" - Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown