Lock Holder Preemption on bhyve

Stefan Andritoiu stefan.andritoiu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 22:59:30 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is Stefan Andritoiu and I'm currently studying Computer
Science in my 4th year at the University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest.
I'm fairly new to the FreeBSD operating system, having only a
background in Linux. For the past few months I've been investigating
the problem of Lock Holder Preemption on bhyve, how other hypervisors
deal with this problem and a possible implementation of these
solutions on bhyve.
I am currently working on implementing Gang Scheduling on FreeBSD to
test if it is a viable solution. I also plan to continue my work, by
implementing and testing other techniques of avoiding overhead caused
by lock holder preemption, and comparing their results.

best,
Stefan