bhyve PCI pass-through to Linux guest

Sergey Manucharian sm at ara-ler.com
Wed Dec 23 04:56:31 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Anish's message from Mon 21-Dec-15 21:48:
> >ppt0 at pci0:0:20:0:       class=0x0c0330 card=0x21f317aa chip=0x1e318086
> Passthrough stub driver, part of vmm, controls the USB controller.
>
> Can you share output of /usr/sbin/devinfo from FreeBSD host, highlighting
> the usb mass/flash device in tree?

Before I start the guest VM the flash drive is not in the list. Right
after shuting down the guest OS it appears:

pcib1
  pci1
    sdhci_pci0
pcib2
  pci2
    iwn0
pcib3
  pci3
ehci1
  usbus1
    uhub1
      uhub3
        umass0

As you can see it's under "ehci", it looks that my USB3 controller is
fully USB2 backward compatible and work with "ehci" driver. I tried (as
Trent suggested in this thread) to recompile the kernel without "xhci",
and nothing changed, still behaves exactly the same way..

S.