bhyve: Support for QCOW2 image format

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Fri Aug 21 15:38:39 UTC 2015

> On Aug 19, 2015, at 11:59 PM, anup shendkar <anupshendkar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW: Shall I move this code to github for easy collaboration?
>>
> Yes. As you said, that would make collaboration easier.

https://github.com/xcllnt/libvdsk

Sources contain libdisk, bhyve and bhyveload.
bhyve is up-to-date with -current and it’s functional for raw disks.
You can therefore build and install this version of bhyve and have
it use libvdsk already.

When working on libvdsk, please make sure raw disks are not broken,
as it’s our baseline.

For example: if you use a QCOW disk (once you have enough support)
and you get a kernel panic, boot the same kernel from a raw disk to
see if it’s the kernel or the QCOW disk.

Have fun!

--
Marcel Moolenaar
marcel at xcllnt.net