bhyve: Support for QCOW2 image format

anup shendkar anupshendkar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 09:51:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Peter Grehan <grehan at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi Anup,
>
>> Please let me know if anybody has any information on it. I got to know
>> from IRC channel that work is in progress for generic framework to
>> support various image file formats for bhyve.
>

>  The work was being done in a branch:
>
>     https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/user/marcel/libvdsk/

Hi Marcel,

I went through above branch. There are place-holder files containing
stub functions defined for qcow, vhd, vmdk image format support. I
would like to work on supporting qcow image format. It would be nice
if you could push your latest changes to the branch. That would be
helpful to get me started.

Thanks in advance.

>> Any information like to whom should I contact ? status/progress of
>> this work would be very helpful.
>

>  The contact for this was Marcel Moolenar, marcel at freebsd.org.

Thanks Peter for information.
> later,