ACPI Exception on shutdown

Neel Natu neelnatu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 00:36:21 UTC 2014

Hi Denis,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Denis Menshikov <dassi at inbox.ru> wrote:
>  Good day,
>
> faced with this problem: when I shutdown the virtual machine (FreeBSD amd64 release-guest) power-off does not occur, a message is displayed:
>
> ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, While evaluating Sleep State [\_S5_] (20130823/hwxface-637)
> acpi0: AcpiEnterSleepStatePrep failed - AE_NOT_FOUND
>
> The virtual machine is running with the following command:
> sudo bhyve -c 2 -s 0,amd_hostbridge -s 1,lpc -s 1:1,ahci-hd,test_hdd -l com1,stdio -a -A -H -P -m 256 -I testvm
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Can you give a few more details about your setup so it can be reproduced?

- Output of 'uname -a' on the host (or the release/svn revision number)
- Output of 'uname -a' on the guest (or the release/svn revision number)
- How are you shutting down the guest? Are you issuing a "poweroff"
command from the guest or are you sending a SIGTERM to the bhyve
process?

best
Neel