bhyve cannot allocate memory

Shawn Webb lattera at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 03:53:07 UTC 2014

On Nov 22, 2014 10:48 PM, "Peter Grehan" <grehan at freebsd.org> wrote:

>> Nope. What if you have map_at_zero set to 0? Dies bhyve work then?
>

>  Works with the default of 0, and also with it being set to 1.
>
> later,
>
> Peter.

Interesting. I'll have to do more digging. Because removing map_at_zero
support is the same as keeping it at the default of 0. It's not possible
that our ASLR implementation is affecting bhyve, since our ASLR
implementation is in sys_mmap and the elf image activator. At this stage,
bhyve's vmm.ko is directly accessing vm_map_*, which we haven't touched.