RFC: Enabling VIMAGE in GENERIC

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Nov 19 19:59:25 UTC 2014

Alexander V. Chernikov wrote this message on Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 16:07 +0400:
> Can we have some wiki/man/docs on how particular subsystem should
> interact with VNET first?

Yes, we need a man page talking about this feature first, how to enable
it, compile it into the kernel, how to manage it, what subsystems it
interacts w/, what sysctl nodes it provides, etc.

W/o man page(s) the feature is not complete.

$ man -k vnet
revnetgroup(8)           - generate reverse netgroup data
$ man -k vimage
XvCreateImage(3), XvShmCreateImage(3) - create an XvImage
XvPutImage(3), XvShmPutImage(3) - display an XvImage

hmm.. nope...  jail has something about vnets, but not nearly enough
to be useful...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579