bhyve on AMD, linux and high load

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Thu May 22 18:38:42 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-22 18:24, Nils Beyer wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> With the new kernel, that is no longer the case. On a idle vm the CPU
>> load is like 6-7%....
>>
>> At the moment I'm running:
>> linux-image-3.13.0-24-generic_3.13.0-24.46_amd64
>
> Now, that looks promising.
>
> Is that with or without your own bhyve-/SVM-patches? If that's with your own
> patches, have you already integrated Anish's patches in them?

I've started building a linux kernel like over a week ago....
So that is with my patches on the "basic" bhyve-svm.

I've just completed merging and patching with Anish patches...
ONce that seems to run for my freebsd vm's, I'll start merging my
patches. And hope that it still works.
And best would be that the vlapic stuff gives a extra bit of speed,
because we're not quite there yet.

I'll let you know how I fare
--WjW