Kernel Panic on FreeBSD guests with libvirt 1.2.2 and qemu 1.7.91

Andre Goree andre at drenet.net
Fri May 2 19:42:28 UTC 2014

On 05/02/2014 2:18 pm, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <201405021800.s42I0TiE094542 at enceladus10.kn-bremen.de> you
> write:
>> In article
>> <f946e633356b1161c0d43217f59893b9-62Z4ZxnHd7CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
>> you write:

>>> After using my noggin a bit, I've determine the culprit to be atkbd.
>>> If
>>> I disable it via the bootloader with "set hint.atkbd.0.disabled=1",
>>> the
>>> vm will boot fine.  HOWEVER, my problem then is that I cannot use the
>>> keyboard via VNC.  I'm trying to figure out ways around this...any
>>> help
>>> would be much appreciated.  I've already tried setting different
>>> flags
>>> for atkbd, but no matter which flag I set, I get the kernel panic --
>>> ostensibly because atkbd is enabled (as it must be for a flag to be
>>> set
>>> for it).
>>>
>> I think you have hit this issue for which the workaround is a patch
>> to seabios:
>>
>> 	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug
>>
> Hm for some reason that link got truncated, try this one:
>
> 	https://bugs.debian.org/737142
>
>> 	http://git.qemu.org/?p=seabios.git;a=commit;h=8032b8a0fec550de5cb2f7d37aa031cebc2200c3

>> 	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/254414/
>>
>> 	https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-stable/2013-03/msg00037.html
>>

> 	Juergen

Lol, yeah, I was gonna say...but thanks!  Not sure if I'm into
implementing a patch vs. finding a way around this, and I'm wondering
why it reared it's head after an update to libvirt & qemu vs. earlier in
my testing -- makes me think it may be an unrelated, albeit similar bug.
  Thanks again Juergen.

--
Andre Goree
Email     - andre at drenet.net