Request for Testers: libvirt and bhyve
novel at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 21 17:51:18 UTC 2014
Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:
> Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've had some success with getting libvirt and bhyve to work.
> > I wrote up a list of the steps that I followed here:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/libvirt-bhyve/libvirt-bhyve.html
> > If anyone is interested, please try it out, and provide feedback to this
> > list. It would be great to get more testers.
> > Roman, when do you think you will be able to commit all your latest
> > fixes into the devel/libvirt port Makefile? It would greatly increase
> > the usability of the port. Thanks for doing all the work to add bhyve
> > support to libvirt!!
> I hope to get a clean and ready patch for the port this weekend and will
> send it to jgh at .
> Thanks a lot for your testing and the feedback!
Here's the updated patch:
Jason, could you please review this?
Summary of changes:
- Make sure not to build uml driver as it's useless on FreeBSD
- Enable bhyve by default on 10.0 and newer on amd64
- Fix sample config handling to work with staging
- Fix bhyve detection in the configure script
- Add a patch to fix segfaults in case of problems with bridge
- Enable networking port and install default networking definition;
add dnsmasq dependency for that
- Bump PORTREVISION
This patch was created by Craig and modified by me.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the freebsd-virtualization